I have a combination skin, my t-zone is very oily with large pores, so it’s important for me to find a good foundation that keeps my sebum in control throughout the day. I’ve read a lot about the L’Oreal Infallible foundations especially about the Pro-Matte one, but unfortunately, it’s not available in Romania.
The L’Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte catch my eye and I thought it will be a great foundation for the hot season, claiming to be a mattifying foundation.
“A matte result that lasts up to 24 hours. Clinically proven; waterproof, steamproof. All the comfort, none of the shine. Perfect coverage. No Cakey effect. Easy to apply, enriched with perlite technology, and reduces the appearance of shine up to 24 hours.”
I’ve chosen the shade 22 Radiant Beige (yellow undertone) if you are a MAC NC27 this colour will suit you.
I have a combo skin with large pores and redness
– matte finish (it’s the most matte foundation I’ve ever tested)
– medium coverage (buildable but in a thin layer)
– after 6 hours I start to see some sebum on my t-zone
– last me up to 19 hours with powder (it wasn’t looking great, but I’ve still had it on my face)
– semi transfer-resistant
– beautiful colour
– accentuate the dry patches and the peach fuzz
– after 6-8 hours it looked weird around my blackheads (liked the blackheads absorbed the foundation and my nose was full of dots, I hope it makes sense)
– dries very quickly
– the natural finish faded and felt heavy on the skin
Price: 12.5€ (30 ml)
It is a really good foundation, but I only recommend it if you have oily/combination skin, but without any other imperfections. I really like the matte finish and the fact that has the power to control my sebum, if you plan to wear it for a few hours you can skip the powder. I don’t really understand what happens that the foundation separates from the blackheads, maybe is just me, but because of this fact, I would not buy it again.
Another thing, you really have to moisturise before applying the foundation, without a base, it will not look good.
I have a love-hate feeling for this foundation, it has what it takes for a combination skin, but after hours fighting with sebum, it will not look good.
Have you tried the L’Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation?